PERFECT|MIDNIGHT|WORLD :: EPISODE FOUR (MIX+CAST)
Welcome to the newly renamed weekly podcast/mixtape (formerly known as The Afterglow). Following a strange week of copyright infringement claims and bizarre personal ordeals, I’ve finally got around to piecing together the new collection. It’s a tad random and all over the place, but the vibe is still consistent. Lots of new up and coming bands that are loaded with promise mixed up with some random new titans and old gems.
Check out the podcast and if you like what you hear, seek out the bands that grab your attention. As usual these Afterglow, er… Perfect|Midnight|World mixes are best heard at night. Make out, drive, study, sleep, or fuck to it. Do whatever you like, but please enjoy it.
Featured Music (click the band name for more info on the band):
- School of Seven Bells - Heart is Strange (Active Child remix)
- Rasmus Folk - Coupe
- Wise Blood - Penthouse Suites
- Seapony - I Really Do
- Coma Cinema - I Really Do
- Bon Iver - Perth
- Atlas Sound - River Card
- Pulseprogramming - So Right Words Strike Me
- Moon - Braids and Bones
- The Pinecone Cheer - Bags
- John Talabot - Families (feat. Glasser)
- Youth Lagoon - Montana
- Tearjerker - Nice Clothes (Remake)
- The Radio Dept. - Let Me Have This
- Matthew Joel - Part 3 (Requiem)
- Spirit Night - Final Days
- Steve Mason - Lost and Found (Active Child remix)
- Woods - Say Goodbye
- American Analog Set - She’s Half
- Mimicking Birds - Under and In Rocks
- American Football - Summer Ends
- Múm - We Have a Map of the Piano
- The Rapture - Open Up Your Heart
Email questions, voice notes, or whatever else you’d like to: email@example.com.
(download podcast)//(stream podcast) P|M|W Podcast episode 4
(download mixtape) Perfect Midnight World // Episode Four ( MF | MU )
Please support the artists that you find and enjoy. Buy their music, merchandise and tickets to see their shows. Supporting them is the only purpose in doing this blog. Contrary to the opinions of some, music blogs are a great way to discover new music, but there will only be so much new music to go around if these artists can’t afford to support themselves through their art and commerce. Only use these mixtapes as a guide to find something to throw your (financial and emotional) support behind.
Check out the previous Afterglow (P|M|W of the past) Episodes.