* In the ongoing process of reviving some of the old episodes of The Afterglow, here is a mixtape that originally appeared on February 26th. Complete with new links and band info. Enjoy.
THE AFTERGLOW : EPISODE 35 (revived)
Those of you who enjoy great mixtapes, are in for a treat this week if i must say so myself. New Vivian Girls, Bibio, Lykke Li, Wye, Oak, and all sorts of other new goodness. There’s even a really solid soundboard recording of a Thom Yorke track that i was desperately hoping would be included on “The King of Limbs” (i’d been waiting for a better quality copy for a while).
Lots of great chillwave, dream pop, fuzzy lo-fi, neo-psych, experimental, and general goodness this week. There’s something for everyone. Once again, thank you for all the support, likes, and reblogs. Thank you. As always, these Afterglow mixes are best heard at night. Make out, drive, study, sleep, or fuck to it. Do whatever you like, but please enjoy it.
PLAYLIST: (click band name for band site // scroll down for DL links)
- fresh & onlys - DO YOU BELIEVE IN DESTINY?
- vivian girls - DEATH
- six organs of admittance - LIGHT OF THE LIGHT
- wye oak - HOT AS DAY
- papercuts - WAIT TILL I’M DEAD
- pandit - WE REACH OUT (Feat. Star Slinger)
- lykke li - SADNESS IS A BLESSING
- cat’s eyes - NOT A FRIEND
- tim cohen’s magic trick - SWEETHEART
- new animal - FIRES IN THE BACKYARD
- the radio dept. - DELIVERANCE
- pandit - SKIVVIES
- fires were shot - GO ON AND CARRIED OUT
- thom yorke // atoms for peace - THE PRESENT TENSE
- toro y moi - GOOD HOLD
- kurt vile - GHOST TOWN
- oFF - 1995
- bibio - SAINT CHRISTOPHER
- dustin o’halloran - WE MOVE LIGHTLY
- julianna barwick - CLOAK
(download) THE AFTERGLOW : EPISODE 35 ( MF | MU )
Please support the artists that you find and enjoy. Buy their music, merchandise and tickets to see their shows. Supporting them is the only purpose in doing this blog. Contrary to the opinions of some, music blogs are a great way to discover new music, but there will only be so much new music to go around if these artists can’t afford to support themselves through their art and commerce. Only use these mixtapes as a guide to find something to throw your (financial and emotional) support behind.
Check out the previous Afterglow Episodes.